Sydney Mike's Note:
The original of this recipe comes from the Touch of Home's Fall Baking Cookbook, 2009. Preparation time does not include the 2 hours needed for the dough to chill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE COOKIE
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
FOR THE FILLING
- 1FOR THE COOKIE: In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, shortening & sugars until light & fluffy.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in the vanilla extract.
- 3In another bowl, combine the flour, cream of tartar, lemon zest & salt, then gradually add this to the creamed mixture & mix well.
- 4Stir in the cranberries, cover & refrigerate until easy to handle, about 2 hours.
- 5Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 6Roll chilled dough into 1-inch balls & place them 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets, before flattening the balls with a glass dipped in sugar.
- 7Bake for 12-14 minutes or until edges are just lightly browned, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 8FOR THE FILLING: In a small mixing bowl, combine the 4 filling ingredients, & beat until smooth.
- 9Spread filling on the bottoms of half of the cookies, then top that with another cookie to make a sandwich.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Lemon Sandwich Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 54
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.1
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 25.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 1.2 g