Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
a recipe from Robin Hood flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄3 cup liquid honey
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 -4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Combine 4 dry ingredients for muffins.
- Combine milk, oil, egg, honey and lemon rind.
- Mix in dry ingredients, stirring til just moistened.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake 400F 20-25 mins til golden.
- Glaze while warm.
- Combine glaze ingredients adding enough juice to make a smooth spreading consistency. Spread on warm muffins.
- TIP: For a cruny toppig, sprinkle batter before baking with a mixture of 1/3 cup chopped almonds and 2 Tbsp sugar.
It was way too tart even with the glaze. Maybe the cranberries should be diced and then mixed with sugar. Will try that next time.
my husband made this recipe for me (he's the baker) with dried cranberries instead of fresh and they came out great! a drizzle of honey and a little butter on the finished muffin and it's the perfect breakfast!