Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs 25 mins
a very good bread from a cake mix
- 19 ounces lemon cake mix
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- powdered sugar or cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Place cake mix, cream cheese, milk and eggs into a large bowl.Mix well with electric mixer.
- Place cranberries and walnuts into a food processor.
- Process briefly to chop.add sugar, process 5 seconds.
- Add cranberry nut mixture to cake mix. Stir to blend.
- Pour batter into sprayed 9x13 pan.
- Bake 45-55 minutes.
- Serve as is or sprinkle with powdered sugar or frost with cream cheese frosting -- if you are going to use cream cheese frosting.save 1/4 cup of cranberry/nut mixture to stir into frosting.