Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
An excellent home made sauce to serve with your turkey or ham. You'll never eat that creepy "i can still see the can lines" stuff again!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple preserves
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Bring the first 3 ingredients to a boil, stirring often, in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add cranberries.
- Return mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until the cranberry skins begin to pop and mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Stir in pineapple preserves, horseradish and mustard; remove pan from heat and let sauce cool.
- Cover and chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- NOTE: Sauce may be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
WOW! What a nice bit of zip in this! Just the right blend of flavors. I could not find pineapple preserves (looked in 3 stores) so subbed apricot preserves. I will find the pineapple before Thanksgiving so I can make this again! Made for Fall 2008 PAC.