Recipe by Olha
Since fudge is always a favourite, this is a gift to please just about anyone. Good quality chocolate gives a smooth, rich result.
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt bittersweet chocolate with condensed milk, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour into parchment paper—or foil-lined 8-inch square metal cake pan. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm.
- CRANBERRY TOPPING: In bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt white chocolate; spread over bittersweet chocolate layer. Sprinkle with cranberries, pressing lightly. Refrigerate for about 3 hours or until firm. Remove from pan; peel off paper. With hot dry knife, cut into pieces. Makes 3 lb. about 48 pieces.
- SNOW-BALL CHOCOLATE FUDGE: Omit Cranberry Topping. Stir in 2 cups miniature marshmallows.
- CANDY-COVERED FUDGE: Omit cranberry Topping. Sprinkle 3/4 cup candy coated chocolate pieces onto hot fudge; press lightly.
- Canadian Living Gifts from Your Kitchen.