Recipe by Chabear01
This is out of "Diet and Salad" book written by Dr. N.W. Walker, D.Sc. I love to make my own Cranberry condiments, and this is one I will be trying soon. I am guessing on the yield and cooking time, until I actually make this, but if you make it first please advise me of the info that worked best for you.
- 4 cups cranberries, washed (be sure to remove all soft ones and those with spots)
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup honey, to each cup of strained pulp
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice, to each 4 cups of strained pulp
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook until berries pop open and are tender. Rub through sieve or colander. Measure sieved pulp and add honey and lemon juice.
- Cook until it reaches the boiling point and boil hard for 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from fire and pour into sterilized glasses or jars and seal in the usual way.