Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe posted by request.
Make and share this Cranberry Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- Combine cranberries, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and 1/4 cup water in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Microwave on full power for 4 and 1/2 to 5 minutes or until cranberry skins burst.
- Stir halfway through cooking time.
- Pour cranberries and juice through a damp jelly bag or cheesecloth lined colander and let drip undisterbed into a bowl for 4 hours.
- Return juice to the casserole dish and add sugar and remaining water, mixing well.
- Cook on full power for 7-9 minutes, or until the mixture has boiled 3-4 minutes.
- Stir once or twice during cooking time to keep from boiling over.
- Remove from oven and test for jell point.
- Skim off foam.
- Ladle into clean hot jars, leaving 1/8 inch head space.
- (they dont call for a processing time but I'd proceess for 5 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet or adjust for higher altitudes).