Recipe by Bergy
This is from the Kraft 'What's cooking magazine. With Thanksgiving fast approaching I thought this perfect to do the tango with the Turkey or Samba with a Pork Roast. This is also very tasty over icecream or cake slices. Prep time includes refrigeration time
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (85 g) package cranberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup finely chopped mixed dried fruit (apricots, raisins ,dried cranberries)
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the juice, cinnamon and cloves in a saucepan and bring to a boil-medium-high heat.
- Have dry jello powder in a bowl and add boiling juice,stir at least 2 minutes until the jello is completely dissolved.
- Refrigerate apprx 1 1/2 hours or until thickened (when you draw a spoon through it it will leave an impression).
- Stir in the fruit, nuts.
- and orange peel (if you are using it).
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Serve as a condiment or dessert topping.