Recipe by Toby Jermain
This is my wife's recipe and is delicious either as a salad or as a light dessert. Prep time does not include chilling time.
Top Review by Claire de Luna
Toby, Please Thank your wife for this recipe...My family LOVED it! I'm not a big fan of cranberries, but this tasted like Christmas, and will be our preferred salad forevermore. I made a couple of minor changes by using all raspberry jello, and adding the zest of 2 oranges for a more citrus flavor. We had a family member missing her two front teeth, so I whizzed everything together in the food processor before chilling. Simply Divine and a perfect compliment to our Holiday Ham. Thanks!
- 1 bag cranberries, rinsed and chopped or ground
- 1 orange, zest of, finely chopped,or ground with cranberries
- 1 (3 ounce) box raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) box cranberry Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups very hot water
- 2 cups ginger ale
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour hot water over Jello, and stir until dissolved.
- Add ginger ale.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Chill until it starts to jell, and stir to combine; repeat several times until thoroughly set.
- Serve as a salad on a crisp lettuce leaf or as a dessert, with whipped topping or drained low-fat vanilla yogurt.