Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very easy, inexpensive jam to make-great for holiday gifts and can be made year round.
- 2 (12 ounce) bags fresh cranberries or 2 (12 ounce) bags frozen cranberries, rinsed and picked over
- 1 -2 teaspoon slivered lemon, zest of (optional)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a large stainless or enamel pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 20-30 min.
- While hot pour into a blender or processor and pulse.
- You want some chunks but not whole berries.
- Ladle into clean hot jars and seal.
- Process for 5 min at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
It was very easy and we loved it.
Family and friends loved this easy to make jam.