Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
For this recipe you can really use as many jalapeños as you like, or substitute a half of a habanero pepper, seeded and finely chopped or use one serrano chile, seeded and finely chopped. This recipe makes about 2 cups but can easily be doubled. This is great with turkey cutlets, chicken or pork. This will intensify in taste the longer refrigerated.
- 3 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 large green onion, chopped
- 4 -5 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 -4 teaspoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1 -3 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (or to taste)
- Place the cranberries in a food processor; pulse 3-4 times until chopped; transfer to a bowl.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients except the salt; mix well to combine.
- Season with salt to taste and more sugar if needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours before using.
I made this for a cooking demonstration at a book festival as an alternative to traditional cranberry sauce. It is so much better with turkey than the canned stuff or the Jell-0-based stuff. We can hardly wait to try it with ham. Needs to sit for a day for the cranberries to soften. You know, you might even serve it as an alternative to salsa with chips.
This was excellent!! I subbed agave for the honey & skipped the sugar to keep this raw vegan. This was greatly enjoyed by all Thanksgiving goers. The tart with sweet & spicy was heavenly...Thanks!!!
Hi this was fabulous, I'm going to send it to Sydney Mike (you know how he loves cranberries, and he will greatful to both of you. Couldn't take a picture, we were at a wedding the other week.... and Terry took to other one with him and I've never personally used the camcorder. Great recipe, Leanne