Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs 15 mins
Taken from the Backwoods Home magazine. I recently made this as per directions. However, after using it I decided to cook it and add a tad more sugar, we liked it better this way. So, I have added the sugar amount to include the addition of more sugar. I would also encourage anyone who makes this to use a lime that does not have alot of pith. I used a regular lime this time, but would use a key lime next time. All in all I would make this again, however, it does not replace plain ol jellied cranberry sauce according to my daughter.
- 1 (2 lb) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 whole lime, the less pith the better
- 3 fresh jalapenos, stemmed and seeded
- 3⁄4-1 cup sugar
- Wash cranberries, lime and jalapenos.
- Deseed and remove pith of the lime.
- Grind the cranberries, lime, and jalapenos, I used a food processor.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least three hours so flavors can meld.
- Or as we liked it simmered for 1/2 an hour or so (until desired thickness) and cooled.
I made this over the Christmas holidays and loved it! I had planned to share some with friends, but couldn't talk myself into parting with any! Maybe next time, and there will definitely be a next time! Thanks for a great sweet and a little spicy recipe!