Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Home Cooking Magazine (November-December 2004). Allow extra time to chill the dough before baking.
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla and almond extracts; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Carefully stir in walnuts and cranberries.
- Form dough into 3 logs, 7 inches long.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill at least four hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut dough into 1/4 inch slices and arrange them one inch apart on nonstick cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on wire racks.