Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Gourmet November 1990. For DH.
- 1 lb Oreo cookies (about 42)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier (optional) or 1 tablespoon other orange-flavored liqueur, if desired (optional)
- In a food processor grind the cookies fine and pat half the cookie crumbs firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch-square baking pan lined with plastic wrap.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer beat the ice cream with the paddle attachment until it is softened, add the cranberry sauce and the Grand Marnier, and beat the mixture until it is just combined.
- Spread the ice-cream mixture over the crust, sprinkle the top with the remaining cookie crumbs, and pat the cookie mixture, covered, for 6 hours, or until it is firm, invert a platter over the pan, and invert the pan onto the platter.
- Unmold the dessert onto the platter, discarding the plastic wrap, and cut it into squares with a serrated knife.