Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
This is a really beautiful dessert to make that won't take much time to prepare. Prep time is refrigeration time.
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- fresh rosemary
- fresh cranberries (to garnish) (optional)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together first five ingredients.
- Bring to a boil but stir frequently.
- Once sauce boils, remove from heat.
- Pour into a heat proof bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- This can be made ahead which makes this recipe very nice.
- It can be refrigerated up to three days.
- Place cream cheese on a nice appetizer plate and top with Cranberry-Horseradish Sauce.
- On side of cream cheese, place fresh rosemary sprigs and fresh cranberries.
- Serve with assorted crackers.
I used this recipe as an appetizer, It was great. Everybody asked for the recipe. It made a wonderful holiday presentation. Very easy to make.