Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this on the internet. Was intrigued by the name. They look and sound good!
- 5⁄8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Layer the ingredients in a 1 quart or 1 liter jar, in the order listed.
- Attach a tag with the following instructions:.
- Cranberry Hootycreeks.
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease a cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper. In a medium mixing bowl, beat together 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla until fluffy. Add the entire jar of ingredients, and mix together by hand until well blended. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
I have made these cookies for years and they are simply delicious!! They look beautiful layered in a jar and given as a gift.