Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cranberries, white chocolate chips, pecans in a delightful cookie. "In a Jar" recipe that I received for a gift and found the recipe on this website http://www.recipegoldmine.com/foodgiftcake/foodgift115.htm
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter (or 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening and 3 tsp. water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Combine the flour, soda and salt together. Layer the ingredients in a 1 quart jar in the order listed.
- Attach a tag with these instructions:.
- Cranberry Hootycreeks.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat together 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Add the entire jar of ingredients, and mix together until well blended.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges start to brown.
- Cool on baking sheets, or remove to cool on wire racks.
- Makes 18 cookies.
Made these for jar gifts a few years back and they were the most popular ones I have made thus far with many raves from teh teachers. Recommended! Thanks for sharing.
I thought my dough looked a little dry so I added another egg and they came out perfect! This is one of my most favorite cookies and this is a great recipe for them, thanks for sharing.