Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I found this online while searching cookies in jar recipes. I tried it out and it was really tasty and different. I gave these as small gifts during the holidays and everyone seemed to love them. EDITED TO ADD: A reviewer noted that if you are making these cookies for yourself and double the recipe, the ingredients in the instructions DO NOT change. :)
- 5⁄8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Layer the ingredients in a 1-quart or 1 liter jar, in the order listed.
- Attach a tag with the following instructions:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat together 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla until fluffy.
- Add the entire jar of ingredients, and mix together by hand until well blended.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Cool on baking sheets, or remove to cool on wire racks.
Great gift and a great cookie! We just love the flavor and the texture of these. We got the jar as a gift and now use this recipe to make on of our favorite cookies.
I gave these out a few years ago, and everyone loved them. Walmart has their own trail mix that has the cranberries and nuts and white chocolate.
Four stars for the first day and five stars after that...better with age. We packaged these up and gave them as xmas gifts. Yummm!