Recipe by Barb G.
A Yummy Cranberry sauce to serve with Poultry, Lamb or Pork. It is also wonderful over dressing or sweet Potatoes. This Sauce freezes well. The recipes comes from Save Mart Supermarkets.
Top Review by Geema
I had an extra bag of cranberries in the freezer leftover from the holidays and decided to try this unusual but fabulous sauce/gravy. Following the recipe was very easy, as was the actual preparation...it just does it's thing on the stove simmering away without much attention. After pureeing the sauce with my stick blender, it turned into a perfect texture to nap a nice slab of roast lamb. This sauce was a perfect sweet-savory foil for the rich meat. From now on I'll be loading my freezer with holiday berries so that I can make this delicious sauce all year long. Great recipe, Barb!
- 2 small onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 2 beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 4 whole bay leaves
- 5 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash rosemary
- 1 dash ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir onions and garlic in oil in large saucepan over medium heat until onions are softened.
- Add cranberries, water, wine, honey, bouillion,thyne, bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary and red pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer about 1 hour or untill mixture reduces by half, stirring frequently.
- Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Pruee sauce in blender or food procceser,Hand blender works great.
- (the sauce will be the consistency of thick gravy.) Serve with Poultry, Lamb, pork,Great over sweet potatoes or dressing.