Hungarian Gypsy's Note:
A new and tasty addition to our holiday cookie assortment. I adpted this recipe from one I found in the Minneapolis Star Tribune, and after a few tries finally hit it right.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons slightly mashed fennel seeds
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cool
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup white chocolate, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk or sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and fennel seeds and reserve.
- 3In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat together sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla extract and orange rind until thouroughly blended, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture, mixing in to just combine. Stir in cranberries and hazlenuts.
- 4Divide dough into 4 equal parts and form each part into logs that are approximately 10 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- 5Transfer logs to baking sheets and bake until golden brown and an inserted skewer comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes, Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes.
- 6Transfer baked dough to a cuttingboard and cut logs diagonally and on a bias into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- 7Reduce oven to 325 degrees. Place slices cut-side up on parchment paper-lined baking sheets and bake for another 5 minutes. Remove from oven, turn cookies over and bake an additional 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 2 minutes before transferring cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 8Melt white chocolate and place in piping bag, or food storage bag with small hole cut in tip end. Drizzle white chocolate over cookies and allow to set up before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry-Hazelnut Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.2
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 49.6 mg
- Sodium 134.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: