Recipe by Ashley U
These extra-crisp cookies contain no butter or oil. Great with watermelon. I got this recipe out of Bon Appetit.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup hazelnuts (toasted, husked, coarsely chopped)
- 1 large egg white, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°; Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat eggs and sugar in bowl until thick.
- Beat in peel and vanilla.
- Slowly beat in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat in cranberries and nuts.
- Using floured hands, divide dough into 2 balls.
- Flatten each to 1 inch thickness.
- Brush beaten egg whites.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown, reduce heat to 320° and cut on a diagonal line every 3/4 inches.
- Arrange cut sides down on baking sheet.
- Bake until bottoms are brown about 7 minutes.