Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Recipe came from a friend at a potluck dinner and everyone requested the recipe.
- 1 (1 lb) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 7 ounces ginger ale
- 3⁄4 cup diced unpeeled apple
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Crush cranberry sauce with a fork.
- Soften gelatin in cold water and lemon juice.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir into cranberry sauce; cool slightly.
- Add ginger ale; blend well.
- Chill until mixture begins to thicken.
- Fold in apple, celery and nuts.
- Turn into 6 individual molds or 1 (1 quart) mold.
- Chill until firm.