A refreshing fall dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add all the ingredients to a saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring just until the sugar dissolves.
- 2Decrease heat and simmer until the berries have softened, about 10 minutes.
- 3Cover and cool off the heat for 30 minutes.
- 4Pour the contents of the pan into a large blender; puree until smooth.
- 5Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a 13x9 inch baking pan, pushing the solids against the mesh with the back of a wooden spoon.
- 6Freeze the mixture in the pan on the floor of the freezer for about 3 hours, stirring about every 20 minutes with a fork to break up the ice crystals and distribute them evenly throughout the pan.
- 7After the mixture has frozen but is not yet fully firm, cover it tightly with plastic wrap; the granita will keep this way for up to 3 weeks.
- 8Scrape the surface of the granita with a fork to produces lots of shaved ice crystals, scoop these into individual cups or glasses for serving.
- 9*Spiced Cranberry Granita: add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ¼ t. ground mace, and ¼ t. grated nutmeg to the pan before you set the mixture aside to cool for 20 minutes; proceed as directed.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Granita
Serving Size: 1 (994 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 149.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 51.8 g
- Protein 0.1 g