Recipe by grt61787
A frozen dessert that's simple to make and easy to enjoy. Don't let the time intimidate you; most of it is spent in the freezer.
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the cranberry juice and sugar in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat just until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the cranberry mixture into a 13 by 9 by 2-inch glass baking dish. Cool completely.
- Whisk in the lime juice and vodka.
- Freeze until the granita becomes slushy, about 2 hours.
- Using fork, stir to blend. Continue freezing the granita until frozen, stirring every hour to form crystals, at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Divide the granita among 6 dessert/wine glasses. Garnish with fresh cranberries, if desired, and serve.