Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Mad About Muffins. One American cup of all-purpose flour weighs 5 ounces.
For the batter
- 310 g all-purpose flour
- 170 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 50 g ground almonds
- 100 ml Grand Marnier
- 100 ml milk
- 100 ml oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
For the filling
- 200 g cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 150 g white chocolate, chopped
For the topping
- 40 g slivered almonds
- 30 g demerara sugar
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C for fan assisted).
- Line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the ground almonds.
- Combine wet ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, and mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and fold together with a large metal spoon until just moistened. Very gently fold in the cranberries and the white chocolate.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups, and sprinkle evenly with almonds and demerara sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops spring back gently when pressed.
- Cool on a wire rack.
WONDERFUL MUFFINS, no question about it ~ At least that's what my friends & I are saying! And, it's always nice to have a local network of friends/cooks who can help you find ingredients sometimes, just as one located the sugar needed in the topping! The only change I made was to use Triple Sec instead of Grand Marnier, that I didn't think that way any biggie! Anway, these muffins were ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING, & I'm keeping this recipe close at hand! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my teammates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #17]