Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from the Ocean Spray web site and put it here because I have to try it. It looks really good.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, crumbled and at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup dried sweetened cranberries, such as Ocean Spray Craisins
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Prepare pie crust as directed on package for one-crust baked shell using a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Trim excess pie crust even with top of pan. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light brown. Cool 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
- Combine cream cheese and Gorgonzola cheese in a medium mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Beat in milk and egg until well mixed. Gently stir in cranberries and green onions. Spread mixture in baked tart shell and sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set. Let stand 30 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges. Garnish with additional green onions, if desired. Store covered in refrigerator.
This is AWESOME! I served three tarts at a party, and this, the simplest of the three, was the hands-down favorite. I followed the recipe, even using the purchased pastry, and it was a clear winner. I used organic cranberries from Whole Foods, and a simple Pillbsbury pie crust from the refrigerated foods section. Thanks Mariel, for a winner!