Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This one was fun to make and enjoyed by my family. The sauce is sweet, the sauce is sweet, the sauce is sweet. If that is not what you are looking for, then pass this one up.
- 1⁄4 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons fresh grated orange rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage in a large skillet; stir to crumble.
- Add in onion and celery; stir/saute for 1 minute; drain well.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sausage mixture, turkey, stuffing mix, milk, parsley, eggs, salt and pepper; mix until well blended.
- Place mixture into a lightly greased 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 55-60 minutes or until loaf is done.
- While loaf is cooking, combine cranberry glaze ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat; stir constantly until mixture is bubbly; set aside.
- When loaf is done, pour off excess liquid.
- Transfer loaf to a serving platter.
- Spoon 1/2 cup glaze over the top.
- Serve remaining glaze with turkey loaf slices.