Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Fruit glazes complement pork so well. This a very festive looking dish
- 5 lbs pork loin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 whole cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh cranberries or 2 cups frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place pork fat side up in roasing pan.
- Rub it all over with salt & pepper.
- Roast uncovered at 350F for 2 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine water, brown sugar,molasses, vinegar, cloves and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil .
- Add cranberries.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove cranberry mixture from heat and press through a sieve or process in food processor until smooth.
- Pour the cranberry mixture over the pork roast, increase the oven heat to 425F and bake 15 minutes basting once.