Recipe by Sue Lau
A really great appetizer. You can easily freeze these and warm them up before serving or keep them warm in a crockpot while you serve other items.
Top Review by mydesigirl
The meatballs turned out great but the sauce was really tangy. I can see where they would be good on an appetizer table. Thanks for posting! Made for 12 Days of Christmas recipe swap.
For the Meatballs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
For the Sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, mix together beef, soup mix, bread crumbs, and eggs.
- Form meat mixture into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 375F or until cooked through.
- While meatballs are cooking, mix together chilli sauce and cranberry sauce in a saucepan.
- Bring sauce to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add meatballs to sauce, stirring gently to coat.
- Cook for 5 minutes more.