Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you like you can use your own homemade meatballs, meatballs you already have made or store bought. This is a quick, easy, set-it-and-forget-it recipe for Cranberry Glazed Meatballs. I make these nearly every year for our Christmas gathering and they are always eaten up in no time! If I have time I'll make and use the meatballs from my basic meatball Basic Meatballs. Enjoy!
- 2 (2 lb) bagscocktail meatballs, 1-inch in size
- 1 (16 ounce) canocean spray jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine cranberry sauce, chili sauce, cumin and cayenne pepper in a large saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until the cranberry sauce is melted and smooth.
- Add meatballs; stir gently to coat.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until the meatballs are heated through.
- Place in a chafing dish or slow cooker to keep warm during the party or gathering.
This is really tasty! I have made a similar recipe using grape jelly and chili sauce, but this is not as sweet. I like the addition of cumin and may add more next time! I used frozen pre-cooked meatballs and this was super easy and fast. Kept warm in a crockpot.
Made for Thanksgiving 2009. I put these out as part of my appetizers before Thanksgiving dinner. They were a different twist for an appetizer and everyone who tried them enjoyed them. I used your meatball recipe (#8060) to prepare them as suggested. I plan on making them again in the future. Thanks for posting!!!!!
GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!! True! There were gone in split second time too! Served in a ScanPan chafing dish, worked for me! GREAT for entertaining, breakfast, lunch AND tea! DEFINATE keeper, SO easy to do, And is not too hot as to not be "kid friendly" too! THANKS!