Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
From Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking magazine. This ham is the perfect addition to any holiday table!
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 (5 lb) ham, boneless & fully cooked
- In a small bowl combine the cranberry sauce, syrup, vinegar, and mustard. Set aside 1 cup of mixture for sauce.
- Line a shallow roasting pan with foil. Place ham on a rack in prepared pan. Cover and bake at 325 for 1 hour. Baste with some of the remaining cranberry mixture; bake 35-45 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140; basting with additional mixture every 10 minutes. Heat reserved sauce; serve with ham.
I found this recipe from Taste of Home, and it was a different way to prepare ham that I really enjoyed. I skipped the cider vinegar. Yum!
Excellent recipe but I also found the cider vinegar overpowering. I would omit next time.
I found this to be a wonderfully easy recipe to prepare, but unfortunately, neither of us cared for the flavor of the vinegar mixed into the sauce. Sorry I could not review more highly, but honesty is best. I am sure I will enjoy your other recipes much more and can't wait to try them. ~Sue