Recipe by Miss Annie
This is a lovely party appetizer. I especially like it at Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year's Day.
Top Review by Pets'R'us
Very easy but impressive appetizer, but be careful to follow the amounts of spices as stated and not to be generous. I did and had to make the cranberry mix again, I put in too much mustard and cloves, they were overpowering and the mustard made it bitter. I used a mild brie but think next time will use a stronger and more mature brie.
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup currants
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (35 ounce) brie round
- fresh fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 8 minutes or until cranberries pop.
- Set aside, and let cool.
- Remove rind from top of Brie, cutting to within 1/2-inch of outside edges.
- Place cheese on a baking sheet; spoon cranberry mixture over top.
- Bake at 300ºF for 20 minutes, or until cheese is softened, but not melted.
- Transfer cheese to a serving platter; garnish, if desired.
- Serve with assorted crackers.