Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another appie recipe for your collection. My family likes these on game day so they can "graze" all day long. So easy and tastes really good.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 8 ounces cranberry sauce, jelly style
- Heat oven to 375.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and eggs; blend well.
- Shape into 1 inch meatballs; place in ungreased 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes our until meatballs are browned and no linger pink in center.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; blend well.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add meatballs to sauce; stir to coat.
- Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
I made these as a 'trial run' for Thanksgiving dinner. I made a batch and had my husband take them to work for his co-workers - they were a HUGE hit! Thanks!!
this recipe was easy to make and a hit at my son's baptismal party. I doubled the recipe and there were none left over. I was a little bummed about that! I'm a big fan of anything with cranberries and this was just the right touch.