Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is not your typical glaze for baked ham, the cranberries give it a slightly sweet/sour flavor, and a festive color.
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Heat slowly, until smooth, beating with a wire whisk or rotary beater.
- Spoon over ham at last 1/2 hour of baking.
- Garnish with whole cranberries.
Hi, I'm new here,but have been reading for a long time. I have made this every Christmas and Easter for many years. It is always a big hit. No one will eat the ham any other way now.
This was great as a glaze. When I poured some of the remaining glaze over my ham slice it was pretty intensely sweet. My family loved it and I will make it again. But be careful. A little dab will do ya.
This was just what I was looking for. Something a little different to top the ham this year for Easter. It got rave reviews from the eaters at my table, so this is now the one I will use for the holidays!