Recipe by andypandy
this is so yummy for ungrilled chicken, pork or lamb, even sweet potatoes. Or use like you would a chutney or spread lightly on roasted pork, turkey, sandwiches. The taste is like Christmas in a bite.
- 1 large red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup kikkoman naturally brewed soy sauce
- 2 cups cranberry juice (100% unsweetened blend)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil or 1⁄4 cup grapeseed oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice red onion and saute with the tablespoon ginger and cup of cranberries, for about five minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, orange zest, orange juice, cranberry juice and sugar.
- Stir all well and cook over medium heat until reduced to half.
- Remove from heat and blend or process until desired texture.
- As you are blending slowly drizzle in the quarter cup canola oil.
- Stir well, store in a container for up to three weeks.
- I also freeze in small cubes so I have it on hand whenever I need a small amount. A small amount goes a long way.
- Glaze ungrilled or meats for roasting before going into the oven and if desired during the cooking time. Glaze sliced sweet potato slices and then roast until just tender. Use on sandwiches for pork or turkey or even cheese.
- You will find many uses for this glaze recipe I promise.