Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a spicy spin on the Cosmo. It uses ginger beer to give it some kick. From Bon Appetit, November 2005
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons ginger beer
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cranberry juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Shake all ingredients with ice in a cocktail shaker. Strain into a Martini glass.
- Garnish with a slice of crystallized ginger.
I love the idea of this drink, and it is spicy, refreshing and different, but I think the ratios are a bit off. I'm glad I used a good vodka, because the taste of it really came through. It wasn't too strong on vodka, but the flavours of the lemon and ginger were a bit too weak. I think I'd add a bit more ginger beer and a bit more lemon juice next time. I'll definitely play around with this one some more! Thanks Mary!