Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sauce has a complex tart flavor with a touch of heat. Mix it with plain yogurt, over oatmeal, grits, or polenta, or just eat plain or with a muffin or piece of toast.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup frozen cranberry juice concentrate, defrosted
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, chopped
- Combine everything except crystalized ginger in a small to medium saucepan, bring to a boil, and cook over medium heat about 20 minutes, or until the berries pop and the liquid is reduced by about one third. Add the crystalized ginger now.
- You can leave the sauce as is or puree some or all of it in a blender for a thicker sauce.
- Cool to room temperature, then adjust the corn syrup to taste and chill until cold. Enjoy!