Recipe by Pets'R'us
A very nice winter dessert, found on a television programme. Nicest served warm with ice cream, custard or lightly whipped cream.
Top Review by echo echo
This came out lovely and moist and the ginger and cranberry--both flavors I love--worked well together. Served it with a little whipped cream slightly flavored with grated orange peel.
- 5 ounces butter
- 5 ounces caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces self raising flour
- 2 ounces preserved gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 ounces fresh cranberries
- 3 ounces dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9inch tin with baking parchment.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and beat in the eggs one by one.
- Fold in the flour and the ground ginger.
- Stir in the chopped stem ginger, the orange zest and juice, the fresh and dried cranberries.
- Turn into the tin and bake for 35-50 minutes until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Serve hot or cold (or make in advance and reheat).