Recipe by Sue Lau
The chops have a nice fruity sauce with a hint of orange. Goes great with steamed rice or couscous.
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice concentrate, thawed and undiluted
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) lean center-cut pork chops
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pork chops in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag, Mix together cranberry juice concentrate, onions, ginger and pepper, and pour over chops.
- Marinate for 6-8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove chops from marinade and reserve marinade.
- Season chops with salt.
- Cook chops in a combination of butter and oil in a skillet for 4 minutes on either side or until cooked through.
- Remove chops, set aside, and keep warm.
- Add the reserved marinade, orange juice, and soy sauce to the skillet, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom.
- Reduce the sauce, about 4-5 minutes more, and then add orange zest.
- Serve sauce over chops.