Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tasty granola that is a little sweet and has just the right amount of zing.
- 4 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup safflower oil
- 1⁄2 cup real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup crystallized ginger
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- Combine all ingredients except cranberries & ginger. Stir well (it may seem there is not enough liquid to cover everything).
- Bake at 250°F for about an hour, stirring in 10 minute intervals, until crunchy.
- Allow granola to cool, then add fruit and stir to combine.
- Store in air-tight container. Tasty with yogurt.
This is fabulous! I had never made granola before & refuse to pay the ridiculous prices at the store. This was easy & delicious! I usualy eat it w/some vanilla yogurt. DH just eats it by the handful. Thanks! Made for PAC Spring '07.