Recipe by dicentra
Perfect for fall.
Top Review by Michelle S.
These cookies are wonderful! A little too sweet for me, but my husband is absolutely crazy about them. I did end up adding about 1/3 c more flour as my batter was way too moist. I baked them the 12 minutes. I used just over 1 c. powdered sugar for the glaze and still had a good bit leftover after dipping the tops of the cookies into it. I also added asome natural orange extract to the glaze to kick it up some and to play off the cranberry flavor from the cookie. I also got 45 cookies from the recipe.
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 78.07 ml milk
- 1 large egg
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml dried cranberries
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- 59.14 ml finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 354.88 ml powdered sugar
- 14.79-29.58 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Combine sugar, brown sugar and butter in large mixer bowl; beat on medium speed until well mixed. Add milk and egg; beat until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, ground ginger and baking soda; beat on low speed until well mixed. Gently stir in cranberries, pecans and crystallized ginger.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet. Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet; cool on wire rack.
- Combine powdered sugar and enough milk for desired glaze consistency in small bowl; mix well. Spread glaze on cooled cookies.