Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Perfect for fall.
Make and share this Cranberry Ginger Drop Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 375°F Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Combine sugar, brown sugar and butter in large mixer bowl; beat on medium speed until well mixed. Add milk and egg; beat until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, ground ginger and baking soda; beat on low speed until well mixed. Gently stir in cranberries, pecans and crystallized ginger.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet. Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet; cool on wire rack.
- Combine powdered sugar and enough milk for desired glaze consistency in small bowl; mix well. Spread glaze on cooled cookies.
These cookies are wonderful! A little too sweet for me, but my husband is absolutely crazy about them. I did end up adding about 1/3 c more flour as my batter was way too moist. I baked them the 12 minutes. I used just over 1 c. powdered sugar for the glaze and still had a good bit leftover after dipping the tops of the cookies into it. I also added asome natural orange extract to the glaze to kick it up some and to play off the cranberry flavor from the cookie. I also got 45 cookies from the recipe.
Really, really good. I changed the recipe a bit, adding more powdered ginger and using mango instead of some of the cranberries. These are for people who want a soft cookie centre with crispy outer edges. Next time I will increase the crystallized ginger a bit because I love ginger. Also I froze some of the dough in cookie form and baked them later. Excellent.
These are absolutely awesome! The combination of flavors is great and everything compliments each other well. These are very pretty cookies- I drizzled the glaze over the cookies instead of spreading it. No variations-it came out perfect as is and is an easy dough to work with!