Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice Fall drink.
- 1 piece fresh ginger, about 5-inches, unpeeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 quart cranberry juice cocktail (regular or diet)
- Put ginger in a pot with the water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 20 minutes. Add cranberry juice and heat just to a boil.
- Pour through a fine sieve into a heat-proof pitcher. Discard ginger.
- Serve steaming hot in mugs.
You said it, "A nice Fall drink." I used Splenda sweetened cranberry juice and made 2 servings. Nice and Tart and Warming! Made for the Photo tag game.
Made this today as a beverage with our lunch. I had just enough ginger to make the recipe. Both DW and I enjoyed this very much. Think I will make it again for guests on Christmas Eve. Thanks for a new "holiday beverage". Made for Football Pool 2011.
This is a very nice fall drink. It is very gingery but I love that. I was afraid at first about the amount of ginger called for so cut it down slightly. I think it would be OK but quite potent with it all. I used an organic sweetened cranberry cocktail to avoid (glucose) corn syrup!!! I would make this again. Made for Holiday Appetizers and Sides Tag Game Dec 2010 in KK's forum.