Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) canpitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 10 1⁄2 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (6 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the cranberry sauce.
- Cut the cherries into pieces and add them to the melted sauce.
- Stir in the pineapple with its juice.
- Remove mixture from heat.
- In a medium bowl pour the boiling water over the gelatin and stir until all the gelatin has dissolved.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the cranberry mixture and stir.
- Stir in the optional nuts.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch pan and chill until set.
I made this for Thanksgiving and it disappeared very quickly. Has a very good taste but would not set for me. Next time I will put just a little less liquid to see if that does it. I definitely will be making it again Christmas!
This will be my go to holiday cranberry salad!!! I took it to a Thanksgiving party and had 4 people ask for the recipe. Thanks, LikeIt!
This was a great addition to our Thanksgiving table this year. Thanks Likeloveit! Arlene