Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
One day I used light brown sugar instead of granulated sugar, VOILA, it is awesome! My favorite way to prepare cranberry relish is to start with frozen berries. You can add an apple or a pear. It all tastes great together. I like to serve it while it is still slightly frozen
- 14 ounces fresh cranberries, frozen
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 medium orange, peel, seeded, sectioned
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place frozen whole cranberries in a food processor.
- Add orange zest, orange sections into food processor. Add juice and brown sugar.
- Pulse until the desired consistency is achieved. Add more OJ if necessary, for blending.
- Remove from processor bowl and place in a serving bowl.
- Serve within the hour while it is still very cold & slightly frozen. Of course you can make ahead and serve anytime. We just like ours frosty!