Recipe by Vino Girl
This doesn't use pectin. The recipe comes from Ball canning products, and assumes you know and follow safe canning procedures.
Top Review by djgrsjunk
The best ever, I had friends whom have never canned ask for the recipe. I did only add 2 cups of sugar, only because I find jam is so sweet. It was very easy to make, I gave them as x-mass gifts.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries, thawed or 2 (10 ounce) packages strawberries, in syrup, thawed
- 4 cups cranberries
- 3 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare jars and lids according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Drain raspberries or strawberries, reserving syrup.
- Add enough water to syrup to make 1 1/2 cups of liquid.
- Combine cranberries, sugar, and syrup in a large saucepot.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Add raspberries or strawberries and bring back to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes; stir frequently.
- Remove from heat and skim foam (if necessary).
- Stir for 5 minutes to distribute fruit.
- Immediately ladle into hot jars, leaving a 1/4 inch headspace.
- Cap and process for 15 minutes in a boiling water canner.