Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This doesn't use pectin. The recipe comes from Ball canning products, and assumes you know and follow safe canning procedures.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries, thawed or 2 (10 ounce) packages strawberries, in syrup, thawed
- 4 cups cranberries
- 3 cups sugar
- Prepare jars and lids according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Drain raspberries or strawberries, reserving syrup.
- Add enough water to syrup to make 1 1/2 cups of liquid.
- Combine cranberries, sugar, and syrup in a large saucepot.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Add raspberries or strawberries and bring back to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes; stir frequently.
- Remove from heat and skim foam (if necessary).
- Stir for 5 minutes to distribute fruit.
- Immediately ladle into hot jars, leaving a 1/4 inch headspace.
- Cap and process for 15 minutes in a boiling water canner.
The best ever, I had friends whom have never canned ask for the recipe. I did only add 2 cups of sugar, only because I find jam is so sweet. It was very easy to make, I gave them as x-mass gifts.