Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe source: WW magazine (November 2009). Only 3 pts/serving
Make and share this Cranberry Fig Compote recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup dried mission figs, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package cranberries
- 1⁄2 grapefruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup port wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice, ground
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until mixture is thick. Cool completely.
- Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 5 days.
I don't know what the problem was with this compote... Maybe it was the excess of spices? Not sure, but I made it for the New Year's Eve party and very few people touched it--and I found leftovers in many dishes. I wonder if removing the curry would help.
Made your recipe as directed, since I had no idea at all of how it should taste! It all came together very quickly & this combo of fruits is very, very nice indeed! I was a little aprehensive about the grapefruit, but not to worry! This is definitely a compote I'd enjoy making again, especially to include as part of a holiday gift basket! Thanks for sharing it! [tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag]