Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Ocean spray and very good!
Make and share this Cranberry Feta Pinwheels recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (170 g) package dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 (250 g) container cream cheese spread
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 4 large flour tortillas or 4 large wheat flour tortillas or 4 large spinach tortillas
- Combine all ingredients except tortillas, mix well.
- Divide and spread mixture evenly among tortillas.
- Roll up tightly, wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least one hour.
- To serve cut into 12 slices.
- A nice variation is to add thin slices of ham on top of the spread before rolling.
These were really good but I thought they could be better. I reduced the feta cheese amount by half (I'm not that fond of the feta taste). I left out the green onions, but they would be fine to leave in too. But my favorite change was spreading a thin layer of green pepper jelly (homemade) over the tortilla and then adding the cheese-cranberry mixture. I used a heaping tablespoon full of the pepper jelly on each tortilla, just enough to give these pinwheels a spicy-sweet taste and a colorful red & green look. YMMMM!
Brought these to Thanksgiving and they were raved about! I had a hard time spreading the cream cheese as thin as I wanted it, so I added a bit of sour cream to make it more spreadable.
I made this as finger food for the afternoon before our Canadian Thankgiving dinner. I made 1/2 with ham, half without. They were great as is but also would be very good wiith dried blueberries too. I think I may may some with arugula added in as well. They were devoured. My brother is hosting Christmas dinner and he asked me to bring these. Thanks for posting this very versatile recipe!