Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Recipe from the WebMD Weight Loss Clinic. They say "this bread tastes even better the next day. Cute little loaves make excellent gifts because the color and flavor of this bread epitomizes the holiday season! These loaves also freeze well." I haven't made this but I want it in my cookbook so I'm posting it to share. I'm guessing on the prep time. The baking time varies depending on the size of the pans, explained in the directions.
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup white sugar (Splenda can be substituted)
- 1 cup light eggnog, soy eggnog is now available and can be substituted (from carton)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (washed and well drained and bad cranberries thrown out)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat loaf pans with canola cooking spray.
- Beat egg and egg substitute in large bowl. Blend in sugar, eggnog, canola oil, rum, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Mix dry ingredients into eggnog mixture; beat on low just to moisten dry ingredients. Gently stir in cranberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s). Bake until fork or tester inserted in center comes out clean (about 50-60 minutes for 1 large loaf, 40-50 minutes for 2 medium sized loaves, or 35-40 minutes for 3 mini-loaves).
- Cool completely. Wrap tightly and store in the refrigerator.
- Makes two 8x3 3/4-inch loaves, one 9x5-inch loaf, or three 5 3/4x 3 1/4-inch loaves, or about 20 servings.
This was SO good!! I made it for Christmas, warmed it and added fat free Dreyers vanilla ice cream and sugar free hot fudge. TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!!!
A really nice quick bread that is perfect for the holidays, either serving or gift giving. I had leftover cranberries and eggnog, and this was the perfect way to utilize them. I made 2 8x3-3/4 inch loaves. The bread was moist and tasty. What more could you ask for? Thanks for sharing.