Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe from a bed and breakfast. Someday I'll use these recipes for my own B&B.
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup eggnog
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄4 cup toasted almond
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- Mix cranberries and 2 tbsp sugar together, set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, then in separate bowl mix eggnog, butter, eggs, and extract together and add to flour mixture. Do not over mix.
- Fold in cranberries and drop into greased muffin cups.
- Mix dry ingredients together and then cut in the butter till well incorporated, then mix in nuts.
- Sprinkle over tops of muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400°F.
- Bake approx 15-20 minutes, just till tops are set.
- Do not over bake or the muffins will dry out.
These are great! A friend assumed I had bought them from a bakery!
I tried this recipe this morning. They were fantastic. I ended up baking them for 25 mins.
These were, as the rating states, truly outstanding.. so delicious, great consistency, crunchy top, browned beautifully all over, very moist, and looked like a work of art. Thanks a million, homegirl!